• This project is an experiment.
• Only six artists are part of this project.
• The identity of the artists involved in the project will remain private but they are free to reveal their identity after some time, even if we would prefer they didn’t.
• The artists involved in the project are not aware of the identity of the other artists.
• During the following months we will periodically release 12 records: a very special 7" and 11 x 12" high qualty vinyl records
• Each record is a full album, a trip into the mind of the artist. There is no need for “perfected” tracks as this is not a collection of hits compiled on a 12” for massive sales. We asked each artist to work without any limitations or expectations that their previous "sound" might impose. In this way the artist may expose ones true self in the music or choose to demonstrate another side of their creative self.
What is the purpose of this project?
The main aim of this project is, on the one hand, to provide the artist with complete anonymity in order to create in absolute freedom and, on the other hand, to offer the listener the work of the artist without any external distortions.
Imagine how different the experience of listening to a new record could be without any previous information about it: no names, no track title, no expectations… nothing but music.
The use of words to describe or define music is a senseless task. Most of the time the intention of descriptive text is not to shed light on the work of the artist, but rather to serve as a promotional tool to drive sales and increase recognition. This often has the unfortunate result of limiting the creator and his work. Music is all we need, any other additives are completely dispensable.
We recommend reading our MANIFESTO, carefully, which explains the inspiration and goals of the project in detail. However, please do not interpret the manifesto as context for the music. We want your listening experience to be pure.
MUSIC FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE PLACE
This project is also a tribute to the legendary James Stinson, an artist who was blessed with the gift of creating with a mind that was completely free from prejudices. He took his music beyond the imaginable. Beyond any name, label or genre.
This is why we chose this name for the project. However, as fans who have nothing but admiration and respect for the legacy of James Stinson, do not expect this project to be a collection of Drexciya style works. This tribute has to be understood simply as an homage to someone who fought for creative freedom in each of his works.
FOR OUR PEOPLE
In recent years we have received so much support from many people all over the world. We always carry this support as inspiration in each of our projects and the second part of this new project is no different.
Without your support this new project would be impossible. The thousands of emails and messages received during this time give us confidence to risk more and more in our projects.
Ten years have passed since we started with Fundamental Records. We have put in your hands more than 100 records with the work of artists from every corner of the planet. Thanks to the support of all these artists, this new project is also possible. It is a parallel project to Fundamental Records, call it a new label if that way makes more sense to you, but this is not really important.
The reason we created this project is to preserve the anonymity of the artists. This way, they can create in complete freedom and without any previous baggage. You are also an important part of the process and this project has been created with you in mind, as well. We believe that there is an audience fully capable of discerning what music they want to acquire for their personal enjoyment without any superfluous contextual information other than what is provided by the music itself.
This is an experiment. We know the risks we are taking, but with your help we can make this second part of this project something truly unique.